Plant-Grow-Share, a project of Central Area Neighborhood Development Organization (or CANDO), has been providing materials and knowledge on urban gardening throughout the neighborhood since 2015. Plant-Grow-Share consists of three main parts: assisting new gardeners, community bonfires, and the little free farmers market.
LEARN TO GARDEN
Each year, Plant-Grow-Share hosts a season-long program for new gardeners as well as workshops and classes open to the general public
Join us for our monthly community bonfires on the 3rd Sunday of the month (May through October)
Little Free Farmers Markets
Volunteers harvest fresh organic produce from our Plant-Grow-Share gardens, then set up at different locations in Central Neighborhood to share food with the community.
About Our Program
Over the past three years, Plant-Grow-Share has:
- Helped 46 families grow food in their backyards
- Harvested 650 pounds of fresh produce
- Distributed this food to 450 people
- Donated 4,100 seedlings to schools, community gardens, non-profits, volunteers, and participant gardens
- Logged 1,500 volunteer hours
- Provided elevated raised beds when needed for access